Monday, September 26, 2016

#050 - Graduated college, can't find a job, and broke. (Three years, two months HRT).

Monday, September 26, 2016

So it's been a while. I'd be lying if I said I've been busy these last few months. I finally graduated college and am now sitting at home most of the time. I submit about twenty applications a week and I get just as many rejection emails back. I've had the door slammed in my face so many times, I'm surprised that my nose isn't flat yet. I'm currently unable to pay my roommate/landlord rent, but she's pretty cool about it. I'll just have to pay her back when I can and I fully intend to. I've cut all of my monthly expenses down to almost nothing. I still have phone and car insurance to pay, but it just comes to about $80 a month.


Anyways, there's really not much going on. As I continue to wait for employers to call, I'm spending the vast majority of my time at home playing video games. I never thought I'd see the day where I'd get sick of it. I'm playing a lot of Guild Wars 2 and Space Engineers just to kill time. I really should be working out and going to the gym instead. I certainly have the time for it, just not the drive. Plus I don't want to waste the gas getting there and back every day.


I need to lose weight. All this sitting around doing nothing all day is starting to make me fat and I want to be ready for summer next year. Right now I'm sitting at 225lbs and have been eating junk food all the time. This needs to change, but I'm so very much addicted to energy drinks. I think it's an actual serious addiction because when I go without, it's all I think about. I feel tired, nervous, and a mess without it. Working out always feels awful and yucky.

Everyone says you get a runners high when you run for a long time, but I think they're nuts. I've never experienced a runners high, not even when I was once fit. I also don't like going to the gym because I feel like everyone is staring and judging me. My usual workout is walking and occasionally elliptical. Working out is just an awful feeling of social awkwardness and physical discomfort, but it needs to be done. I would like to get down to 160lbs one day. It's a lofty goal and I don't think I'll make it by summer next year. My food options right now are highly limited. I can't afford to eat healthy.






Other than that, there's really not much to report on. Life goes on, I'm still single, and everything seems like it's been put on standby until I can get a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment