Thursday, January 23, 2014

#024 - Moar laser, starting a fundraiser and searching for a doctor. (HRT Day 205)

Thursday, January 23 2014

So I've been struggling to find something to put in this blog. I'd hate to fill it with random daily nonsense. That's boring.

But yeah, just a few days ago Monday I had my third session of laser hair removal on my face. Since then I haven't had the need to shave. Growth has slowed significantly and noticeably. I still have my doubts as the hair is still there, but the slowed growth is a good sign. I'll do a complete shave tomorrow morning as it's just barely long enough to actually shave.

Anyways, I finally got around to starting an online fundraiser to pay for various surgeries..... and I've received nothing so far. Here's the link in case anyone is interested:

http://www.gofundme.com/53z5vo

The goal is to reach $50,000 but I highly doubt I'll ever reach that, or even a third of that. Still, if I can get enough for just one surgery through this fundraiser, it would've been worth it. The fundraiser doesn't cost me anything to keep open so why not. I'm still trying to figure out how to promote my fundraiser. I tried Facebook which didn't get far. I'll ask around and see how others do theirs.

Finally I'm currently looking for a doctor, specifically an endocrinologist, to start prescription HRT. I'm currently DIY'ing which is super expensive. My health insurance covers the exact same meds as the ones I buy online. The difference is that those same meds are 100% free on my plan. I've called up Anthem and they gave me a list of all the Endo's that they cover. No word on whether they're trans friendly or not so I guess I'm going to have to call each and every one of them up and ask.

Sounds tedious and possibly aggravating, but that's the score. That's the way things seem to have to go. I'll start calling them up one by one during my lunch breaks.

And as a final thing to add, I'm stopping the progesterone cycling and instead taking one tablet (5mg) every day. Progesterone is reportedly supposed to increase breast growth, fullness and roundness. Right now I'm sitting at a little over an A cup but not quite a B. There's definitely enough mass to require a bra, but I have bras in B cup size that are a little too big. I'm thinking that maybe if I switch to taking P everyday instead of cycling it once a month, I might fill it out, maybe more.


No comments:

Post a Comment